Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 Engineering Undergraduate Expo awards:
Boeing Engineering Excellence Award
• Presented to a project that delivers a robust and innovative solution with a clear focus on enabling potential customers to excel in their markets and missions.
• Winner: VFS Micro Air Vehicle, AHS-E5
Daimler Pioneering Concept Award
• Presented to a project that demonstrates the development of a potentially groundbreaking concept.
• Winner: FireBee TEG, ME616-1; FireBee Power Tower, ME616-2
HP Innovation Award
• Presented to a project that has gone above and beyond in order to find an innovative solution to an engineering problem.
• Winner: Sensors for Swarm Robots, ECE17
Jacobs Multidisciplinary Collaboration Award
• Presented to a project that clearly demonstrates proactive planning and collaboration with others at key points throughout project execution.
• Winner: Automated Greenhouse, ECE40
NuScale Humanitarian Project Award
• Presented to a project that demonstrates the development of a concept that has the potential to solve a humanitarian problem or to improve life for a significant number of people.
• Winner: Epileptic Seizure Detection and Prediction, ECE36
PGE Environmental Impact Award
• Presented to a project that demonstrates a concept that has the potential to impact earth’s environment in a positive way.
• Winner: Stored Thermal Energy, NSE7
Tektronix Commercialization Award
• Presented to a project that demonstrates a strong potential impact in the market.
• Winner: Integrated Sensor Stations for Raitong Organics, ECE29
People’s Choice Award
• Presented to the project that receives the most votes from Expo attendees
• Winner: Eye Tracking Research, CS46